Re: soname versions in library udebs

* Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > Let us say a new version of libc or libdirectfb enters sid, and
> > udebs will be built accordingly. Since they do not have a SONAME
> > version, all dependant udebs will be broken because anna will pull
> > in the new version of the library via libc-udeb or
> > libdirectfb-udeb but the programms are linked against the old
> > ones. Correct?
>
> Sounds correct to me.  And in these cases, we will need to rebuild
> all the incompatible udebs.  I'm not sure if this is a problem we
> need to care about or not.

Rebuilding needs time, and in between all netinstalls will be
broken. Or will there be a consistent set of udebs be held in another
location than /debian/pool? I suppose this will not be the case and
then we should add these soname information to package names.

Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6