Re: udeb priority issues

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:00:24PM +0100, Martin Sjögren wrote:

> fre 2003-02-28 klockan 21.22 skrev Emile van Bergen:
> > I mean, "tasksel"?! No offense, but I highly doubt that a sane installer
> > really needs something like tasksel to select which installer modules
> > should be downloaded at run time before doing the actual installation.
>
> I'd much prefer tasksel to dselect :) if we want to use analogies.
> Currently anna asks about individual modules, since there are just so
> ***ing many of them I want to simplify this, and tasks is one of my
> ideas, I welcome others. :)

Hm, staying with analogies, perhaps having an /etc/modules file in
addition to modconf would be an idea?

The different flavours listed below would each have its own
"/etc/modules" file; you'd have a medium-priority question whether you
want to choose your own modules to override them or use the default for
your d-i flavour.

The default "/etc/modules" could be arch-specific if there are any
modules that are required on some architectures but are not
automatically pulled in. Don't know if that's the case though.

> > Personally, I'd be just as happy if you'd have to choose between
> > network-enabled and media-only installs at installer build time. Nobody
> > will complain that he'll need specific floppies, instead of having one
> > set that is so smart it can bootstrap itself out of every situation
> > using a two-stage system.
>
> So we'd have the 1.44M netfloppy, the 1.44M cd floppy, the 2.88M image
> for CDs and another 2.88M image for netinst CD? Fine by me.
>
> I don't want the user to have to choose the network installation task, I
> want it to be installed automatically on a netinst CD and forgotten on a
> non-netinst CD (on a netfloppy they'll all already be installed).

That sounds like a good idea?

Cheers,

Emile.

--