Booting From Rescue Disk To Begin Clean Install

I'm not sure if this is the right list, but I'm gonna try here (I'm also subscribed to several other of the Debian lists, including debian-user, so if this question belongs there, please excuse my faux pas).

Currently I'm running RedHat 7.2 on my main machine. I want to install Debian on a secondary machine (to possibly become a fulltime webserver). Using the commdand:

dd if=rescue.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024 conv=sync ; sync

Gives me a disk that I can boot the other machine with. At the boot prompt, I hit enter and the boot sequence fails (I'm going to have to do a network install as I don't have a CD-ROM for either machine). I retry, using the same disk, and it prints "Loading....." at the top of the screen, then it just starts pringtin a letter and some numbers (e.g. A 3498), it does so with one combination per line for about 30 lines, then restarts the machine. I have tried Debian before (on this machine, but had problems with getting the Xwindows server up and running) and had no problems with doing the install as I was able to make everything from the ISO images to the install floppy here, but the other machine doesn't even have a working OS on it atm (if any param's such as cpu, RAM, and what not are needed, I'll gladly provide).

TIA for any and all help.
--
ICQ: 18115568 AIM: pres CTHULHU
MSN: joseph_a_nagy_jr@hotmail.com