Evil idea concerning kernel modules, hardware detection and anna

I have no idea if this can/will work out in practice. It's a hack, but
I'm not sure if it's a big ugly hack or a nice, neat hack. ;)

a. Let every udeb with kernel modules provide virtual packages named
after the modules. So if we have the hypothetical package
weird-nic-drivers-udeb with modules foo-nic.o and bar-nic.o, it would
provide something like k-m-foo-nic and k-m-bar-nic

b. Let anna have a non-interactive mode where you can, like apt-get, ask
it to install a udeb. anna --install <package> --retriever
<foo|bar|default> or something

When a package like ethdetect or disk-detect wants to probe for
hardware, it will
1. Ask discover for which modules to install, say foo-nic.
2. Ask anna to fetch k-m-foo-nic. This means that weird-nic-drivers-udeb
and all its dependencies will be fetched and installed
3. Run depmod -a.
4. modprobe foo-nic.

And all is well with the world. ;)

So, what did I miss? Will this work or not? If it works, is it feasible?
The Provides line can be auto-generated and stuff so that shouldn't be a
*big* problem.

I guess figuring out which retriever to use will be tricky, but we'll
still have the interactive mode for anna too.

/Martin