Re: cdebconf-slang-udeb for use in cdrom 2.88 MiB floppy?

On 24.I.2003 at 15:24 Matt Kraai wrote:

>  if [ -z "$DEBIAN_FRONTEND" ] ; then
>    for frontend in slang text ; do
>      if [ -e "/usr/lib/cdebconf/frontend/$frontend.so" ] ; then
>        DEBIAN_FRONTEND=$frontend
>        export DEBIAN_FRONTEND
>        break
>      fi
>    done
>  fi

I don't understand everything, but isn't it better to db_set
debconf/frontend, instead of exporting DEBIAN_FRONTEND.

DEBIAN_FRONTEND overrides the value of debconf/frontend and thus makes
not possible for udebs to change the frontend by db_set-ting
debconf/frontend.

In order to keep the flexibility of our installer we should try to
keep /sbin/debian-installer as simple as possible and use some udeb to
determine the default frontend.

Anton Zinoviev