Re: D-I build / initial test on powerpc

[Stuff I don't know about snipped.]

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 05:31:26AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> The opening statement for the shell mentions nano, but nano is not
> actually present. Is there even a pager? I didn't know how to check
> the contents of templates.dat. I finally grepped it for Name:
> and saw modules for anna, debconf, debian-installer, di-utils-shell,
> mirror and netcfg.

Yeah, it sucks.  I've been working around it with sed:

 # sed -n 1,25p templates.dat
 # sed -n 26,50p templates.dat

Ugly, but it works.  And you can also edit files this way (not for
the faint of heart).  Making nano work is bug #177405.

> The subst netcfg/confirm_dhcp hostname returned an error:
> 20 incorrect number of arguments
> I suspect it just needs a <none>.

This is fixed in CVS.

> Next I'm asked if the interface, hostname, domain, nameservers, and
> dhcp_hostname are correct. I answered no, because only the interface
> was correct (the rest were blank/<none>, and I was bounced back to the
> interface question. I guess, if only the interface has been chosen, as
> happens when using dhcp, then only the interface should be in the
> confirmation list. Then I would have answered yes, which takes me to
> the next step.

I don't know if we can do that in debconf.

> After choosing the retriever (choice 1 of 1), I tried to choose
> modules. The menu kept coming back whenever I typed a number,
> leading me to believe that nothing was being accomplished. I'd
> suggest a line just before the prompt listing Chosen: numbers
> as a feedback for the user.

Please see bug #177445.

> All in all, very impressive so far. It builds and works smoothly
> and quickly. We just need some powerpc disk guru to help a little
> in order to go any further on powerpc.

I'm planning to work on the PowerPC port once I have a working net
floppy for i386.

Matt