basedebs.tar for sid/sarge

Hi,
I would like to build my own kernel/boot-system and of course it should boot into debian-linux. On woody  I found this basedebs.tar. as a good starting point for a minimal debian system. What I need is a system with is as small as possible, but with I could dpkg/apt-get the packages that I like. In sid/sarge it looks like the basedebs.tar is repaced by the debian-installer.
Is it still possible to build a basedebs.tar or something similar or is the only possible way to collect the packages all by hand?
What is the set of debian packages that debian-installer will install as minimal-base-system?

Thanks, Thomas

* sorry I'm newb and I hope this is not to much off topic

Jetzt 52 verschiedene Briefpapiere für Ihre E-Mails bei
WEB.DE FreeMail - http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021140