Re: Patch for utilities/dbootstrap/kbdconfig.c

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 06:27:00PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Ross Vumbaca [Tue, Jan 14 2003, 09:49:53PM]:
>
> > Here's a patch which fixes the incorrect usage of "strstr" for PowerPC
> > in kbdconfig.c - which causes the wrong keyboard choices to appear on
> > non-apus PowerPC hardware.

> b) You suggest an exact opposite of the previous behaviour, and my
> judgement says that the it was right. So could you find someone to
> confirm that there was a problem and your change fix it _without_
> breaking any stuff, anywhere?

If you consider the structure following, it should be clear that this is
correct. strstr == 0 implies that non-powermacs use the keymaps_mac
choices.

| #elif #cpu (powerpc)
|     if (strcmp(Arch2, "apus") == 0) {
|         choices = keymaps_ami;
|         nchoices = nchoices_ami;
|         prefix="amiga/";
|     }
|     else if (strstr(Arch2, "PowerMac") != NULL) {
|         choices = keymaps_mac;
|         nchoices = nchoices_mac;
|         prefix = "i386/";
|     } else {
|         choices= keymaps;
|         nchoices=sizeof(keymaps)/sizeof(struct d_choices);
|         prefix="i386/";
|     }

In any case, to be fully anal, I tested with and without the above
change and found that the patch works as expected, whereas the current
behavior is broken. I wonder when it crept in, because I sure don't
remember seeing this behavior.

Oh well, I'll commit the patch if there are no objections, although it
means powermac boot-floppies need to be rebuilt. Fortunately, I seem to
be able to do that at the moment.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>