Re: Estimated time left in progress bar?

tis 2003-01-14 klockan 14.10 skrev Denis Barbier:
> In order to propose a better design we have to know how progress
> bars will be used.  Your example in anna is lightening, are there
> other possible uses?  Are several progress bars needed?

I suppose there will be a progress bar in debootstrap, like the one
existing right now, but converted to a new protocol. Other than that, I
don't know, those are the most time consuming activities right now that
I know of. Perhaps capture the output of mkfs.*, put in a log file (so
that an advanced user can see what went wrong if something goes wrong),
parse and use a progress bar instead?

/Martin