Re: Can't boot on a machine with LSI Logic 53C1030 Raid controller

Hi Eduard:

The new drivers did the trick. Don't know if it was the kernel, or the
drivers, but it is seing the controller now. Thanks,

Jorge M.

Jorge O. Martinez
Web Services Administrator - New Media
Kiplinger Washington Editors

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de>
Sent by: Eduard Bloch <inet@zombie.inka.de>
01/08/2003 10:53 AM

Jorge Martinez <jmartinez@kiplinger.com>
cc
debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject
Re: Can't boot on a machine with LSI Logic 53C1030 Raid controller

#include <hallo.h>
* Jorge Martinez [Wed, Jan 08 2003, 10:28:50AM]:

> [date, and time] (none) user.info dbootstrap[80]: Warning: loading
> mptbase.o will taint the kernel: forced load
> [date, and time] (none) user.info dbootstrap[80]: mptbase.o:
init_module:
> No such device

Weird. Maybe it is incompatible with Woody's kernel, it is almost one
year old. If you wish to try the updated installation floppies, visit
http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf3024/ and take modules floppy from
http://people.debian.org/~blade/preload-2.4.20.bin.

> [date, and time] (none) user.info dbootstrap[80]: Hint: insmod errors
can
> be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ
> parameters
> [date, and time] (none) user.err dbootstrap[80]: The loading has failed
>
> Therefore, it seems that it wants me to pass it some parameters. I then

That is just the default message when something uknown failed on loading.

> try to install mptscsih.o, but I get a lot of error messages (I assume
the
> mptbase.o has to be sucessfully loaded first):

Exactly.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.