Fwd: Possible bug in installation

This message appeared on debian-boot.
Skip, please check for responses on debian-x.

----- Forwarded message from Skip Queen <papanohair@mindspring.com> -----

Date: 01 Jan 2003 00:54:43 -0500
From: Skip Queen <papanohair@mindspring.com>
To: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Possible bug in installation

I have tried to install Debian Woody 3.0 a total of six times and each
time the same thing happens.  My video is all screwed up.  XWindows does
not work.  When I pick up video card (i810) it won't work at all.  If I
pick VESA it will "sort of" work - i.e., not the resolution I pick so
things "float" across the screen and the resolution will not go above
800X600.  Someone told me there was a bug in the kernel.  I have had no
problem with my system using either Mandrake, Redhat, SuSE or Knoppix -
only Debian (Woody).  Can you help!  Thanks!