Re: building d-i for sparc

Blars Blarson wrote:
> After not doing anything on it for six weeks, I'm again trying to get
> debian-installer working on sparc.
>
> First iritation was needing to rebuild python2.3, as it's a dependancy
> of a build-dendancy.  (Apparently the sparc autobuilder is still
> down.)  That took 14 hours to compile.  I also had to compile netfcg,
> since the udebs are missing from the archives.
>
> Good news: make image TYPE=cdrom now works.
> Bad news: make image TYPE=netboot doesn't.  Bug filed.

Bug fixed (in CVS)..

> Unfortunatly, I can't seem to find anything resembling an iso image to
> burn to see how far it would get.  (The silo-installer udeb is still
> needed to make it usable.)
>
> Am I just overlooking something, or is this a symtom of d-i still
> being broken on sparc?

The build system produces initrds for cdroms, not entire cdroms (except
in the mrvn branch). You'll need to use debian-cd to build full CDs. A
good aproach would be to:

a. Work to get the debian-installer package cleanly building for
   all relevant image types.
b. Get a daily autobuild set up (see build/daily-build).
c. Point manty at that so he can get sparc cdroms building.
d. Work with me to get sparc turned on in its architecture list,
   so sparc images can enter the archive.
e. Test test test..

--
see shy jo