Re: continue the translation of zh_CN

Hello there,

Yesterday I subscribed this list. It's just wonderful to see you guys here.
I wish I could do some help, in the case of zh_CN translation of d-i.

Ming Hua wrote:

Hi Carlos,

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 05:15:27AM +1300, Carlos Z.F. Liu wrote:
I'd like to continue the translation of zh_CN branch.
Perhaps, it could be finished within one or two weeks.

Glad to hear that, hopefully it can be done in time.  I don't have
enough time to do them all, but I will try to contribute.

to Ming Hua,
I saw your work of "main-menu" already. Are you still working on this? And do you want to translate some of the
rest part? If your want, we may cooperate together.

Yes I am still working on it, although very slow (quite busy at school
these days).  I have submited a update of main-menu po file, but it kind
of got lost in the mess caused by the compromise.  I'll resend it.  I
also has the base-installer half finished, I'll send it too.

Also I am receiving some translation work from Yuan (cc:ed), I'll review
and send them as well.  So Carlos would you please hold for a while
until I sort out that which files has been finished first?  I'll do that
very soon (in 5 hours, I think).

great work. I'am waiting for it.

And since this translation is under cooperation, there is one detail:
encoding.  I was using GBK in my translations, and Yuan send his/hers in
UTF-8.  Either one is okay, but we need consistency.  What's your
opinions?

I prefer UTF-8 at this point, as the i18n-chinese team did.

Ming
2003.12.24

We used to think that if we know one, we know two, because one and one are
two.  We are finding that we must learn a great deal more about ``and''.
                                                 --- Sir Arthur Eddington

Mu.
25/12/03