Re: two identical bugs, merging them.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:22:07PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> > > Don't think so.

> > > The libuuid1 package needs to build an udep along with its deb. Once
> >
> > So, this is really a libuuid1 bug ? Nothing to do with libparted really
> > ? Did you fill a bug against libuuid1 too, or was one of the duplicated
> > bugs supposed to go to libuuid1 ?
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> One solution would be a libuuid1 udeb. Another I forgot to mention was
> including the lib in the parted udeb. Or linking it in statically if
> theres a static version.
>
> Its your choice.

My choice ? Theodore Y. Ts'o is the maintainer of the libuuid1 package,
which is part of e2fsprogs. Mmm, the e2fsprog PTS lists 18 bugs, but the
bug page only shows 3 of them, apparently something is broken still.

> If you think libuuid should be its own udeb (Is lvm using it too?) you
> could clone and reassign the new bug to libuuid1.

I have no idea of this, don't know what should be involved to make this
choice, and my time would be better spent modifying libparted so the
ext2 support use the ext2lib (or whatever its name is).

In this case, we would need a further udeb out of the e2fsprogs package.
I wonder if we already have a libreiserfs udeb for the reiserfs support
of libparted. I will check this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther