Re: The partitioner and the debconf priority

Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> CRITICAL PRIORITY

That sounds well thought out. Is partman-auto written yet?

> HIGH PRIORITY
>
> First time the main partitioning menu won't be shown because of the
> priority and as in the previous case we reach the menu of
> partman-auto.  Its priority is high so the user will see it.  Now the
> user has the option to select `do custom partitioning' in which case
> the main partitioning menu will be shown again.  Its priority will be
> raised so the user will see it.

That sounds like the correct default. I really like the idea that the
default will be this simple choice between using all free space, using
whole disk, or manual. That's vey nice.

> raised from medium to high so it will be shown.  The user can see the
> result of the automatical partitioning.  Some things can be changed or
> even completely undone.

Sounds like good UI design to me!

--
see shy jo