Re: Installation report on CDROM-less machine

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:00:26PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just attempted a debian-installer installation on an i386 system
> with no CDROM drive, using Etherboot.

I have tried to do that but was unsuccessful. Could you describe how
you got it working (what files you used to boot with, if you had to
make a custom initrd, and the relevant section of dhcpd.conf).

I have got the old boot-floppies to boot over the network with
etherboot, but I could not actually install anything with it since
once booted, the kernel had not access to the modules for the nic :-(

The documentation for netbooting has always been poor in Debian. If I
actually learn how to do it I might try to improve the documentation.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>