Minor problems with the installer

Hello,
a few days ago I installed Debian Sarge using the netinst ISO files. Besides some problems with booting from CD (I think my CD-writer is to blame for that) the installation succeeded. But I have noticed these (minor) flaws:

- How do I install without DHCP? My PC is behind a router without DHCP
(IPs and everything is configured by hand). But the installer tried to
detect a DHCP server again and again. In the end I set up a DHCP on the router to get the installetion working. I remember that the Woody installer let me type in my configuration by hand.

- The cursor keys for the "Previous" and "Forward" ("Zurück" and
"Weiter" in german) buttons are interchanged, at least on the first
reboot-dialog. That means that the arrow-right keys selects the
"Previous" button and vice versa. (I used the "Dialog" installer).

- Selecting the right installation source was a bit misleading. Initially the CDROM was selected as install source - I wanted to do a netinstall and only had the small ISO image. And when there appeared a dialog asking if I wanted to add other APT-sources I didn't know that there weren't any servers selected so far, so I said No. Only when tasksel didn't show me very much I realized that I should have added some sources in the beginning. And after the installation I saw that unnecessarily the CD was still in the apt-conf file, and that the contrib and non-free entries were missing. The installation should at least indicate this.

Apart from these things, the installer went through without problems. Thanks for the good work!

Oliver Gerlich

(Please CC replies to me, as I'm not on the mailing list.)