Introduction to list

List,
Hello. My name is Barry Hawkins. I am interested in getting involved with the efforts for the new Debian installer. I have no C experience yet, and my shell skills are nascent. I would be willing to help out in the documentation area or wherever I might be of help. According to the page on the Debian Installer <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>, I should introduce myself to the list and then get a CVS checkout of Debian-Installer. I will get the CVS checkout and go through the TODO; are there any additional steps to getting involved? As far as hardware, I have a 17" PowerBook G4. I have pared down my Panther installation to 35GB, so I have room to play with for installs. I ran the installer from the sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso last night, and things went fairly well, as long as I chose sarge for the distribution. Choosing sid led to the following:

Debootstrap Error
Failed getting Release file file:///cdrom/dists/sid/Release

Installing base system into /target/ failed. Check /target/var/log/debootstrap.log and /target/var/log/debootstrap.err.log for the details.

Both log files were empty when I open them in nano. Restarting and choosing sarge worked fine.

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed