Re: udeb version tracking

Am Di, den 18.11.2003 schrieb Geert Stappers um 11:15:

> > Well, udpkg does not even handle versioned Depends... So as the
> > situation is now we do only care about names. Hence my proposal would
> > work. However we should investigate if it would be a good idea to
> > implement version tracking for the future.
> >

> Is the version tracking done during build time or runtime?
> The question is: where will the code be increased?

IIRC Goswin said that there are version checks at build time- However
that will only affect consistency of the boot image and the cd image.
The testing scripts should manage version consistency on the mirrors.
However this might not be enough.

Consider someone using a cd image which is a little older an then tries
to use most recent udebs from unstable. This is presently possible and
if we had version incompatibilities they would go unnoticed.

Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6