Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/libdebian-installer/src by waldi

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:26:21PM +0000, Richard Hirst wrote:
> Havn't looked closely at this code, but that struct looks like it will
> end up generating lots of unaligned access traps on ia64, as mem[] will
> be on a 4 rather than 8 byte binary.

please explain why the size of size_t is 4 bytes on your ia64, any ia64
machine i know have 8 byte.

>                                       I'm a little confused, because I
> thought this allocation stuff had been ripped out in favour of plain
> malloc().

Not yet, as someone break make demo and therefor the debugging facility.

Bastian

--
Insufficient facts always invite danger.
		-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9