Re: Install report

Glenn McGrath wrote:
> I had two network cards, one was an ISA card, which prevented dhcp from
> working, powered down pulled out the ISA card.

If this is the problem that two NICs can stop network setup from
working, that is a known problem in the beta and is fixed in the daily
builds.

> Loaded some installer modules for something to do, one of them kept
> asking me if i wanted to manually perform CD configuration, i dont have
> a CD, i kept saying no to try and get back to the menu, it kept ignoring
> me, i eventually said yes which took me to the next screen and then i
> had a chance to get back to the menu.

I have run into this too. The text makes sense if you read it very
carefully, but if you skim it you get the exact opposite impression.
I think that the cd-detect needs to be reworked to default to *not*
trying the CD again, and just display an error and fail. main-menu will
then let the user try to detect their CD again, if they just have it
ejected.

--
see shy jo