Re: Alpha status

"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:

> What is the current status on alpha? (The ports page say that the images are
> bootable, but not much more.) I have access to an AS2100 (SRM-based, in other
> words) and could probably help testing/fixing bugs if the Alpha guys need it
> to get on the beta 2 release.

Last I checked the srm_env module was missing (fixed) and the
wrong partition type was suggested. Also busybox got miscompiled (tr
support missing) due to linux-kernel-header bugs (fixed?).

I only tested installing into tmpfs because I didn't have a spare disk
in the system so I couldn't test aboot install. So if you want you can
test the beta images and keep special attention that you get bsd
labels partitions, if base-installer works now (busybox tr needed) and
if aboot produces a bootable harddisk.

For further developement it would be nice if you can and know how to
netboot. The 2 alphas I could test on can't netboot and the third
would need some work and convincing before I can test if it can or
not.

MfG
        Goswin