Re: Debian Installer: sr mod?

James Bromberger wrote:
> I just grabbed beta 1 (well done on the milestone); however, I cant see
> sr_mod in the initrd image on the 100 MB image:
> 	lib/modules/2.4.22-1-386/kernel/drivers/scsi# ls
> 	scsi_mod.o  sd_mod.o
>
> While I can see usb-storage, I think I need sr_mod to be able to use the
> cdrom device (since I think it emulates scsi on top of a USB transport
> in the IBM bladecenter). The usb-storage module is also not auto-loading
> the usb-ohci or usb-ehci controller.
>
> Is there a danger in automatically loading the ehci-hcd module (which
> should cover USB2 and USB1), and then modprobe-ing usb-storage and
> sr_mod to find a device?

The deal is that currently we don't support scsi cdrom drives without
first loading the extra scsi_drivers floppy. That may eventually change.

The usb-storage module should be loaded as of today when it finds usb.
It sounds like it is also failing to find your usb bridge. Probably it
doesn't know about the PCI id of the bridge, so if you have linux
already running on this system and can send the output of lspci that
would help.

--
see shy jo