Re: ibook G4 no hd

Am Mon, den 10.11.2003 schrieb Matthias Kirschner um 21:41:
> Hello Gaudenz
> I have tested it. But the installation prozess ended with the question
> if i want to restart my computer. But the system wasn't even installed.
> After I said yes to the question if i want to restart i saw a screen
> where something with a list of this: critical, high, all... or so (it
> was very fast)
> But my hard disk was detected and i can write my partion table.
My guess is that the installer does not recognize your CD drive. On tty3
and tty4 you have some log output of the installer. Probably it contains
more information on whats going on. You can also enter a shell on tty2.

It would be nice if you could send the files /var/log/messages and
/var/log/syslog from the installer (probably by coping them to one of
your partitions) or if it's not possible to copy them by looking through
them and telling us what's going on.

If you have managed to install linux in the meantime. I would also be
interested which device is your harddisk and wich is your CD drive.

Please answer to debian-boot@lists.debian.org or file a bug to the
pseudo package installation.

Thanks for taking the time for testing debian-installer

gaudenz