installation report (mainly non-English specific)

Hi,

I tried current d-i and current CVS tools (2003-11-08).

Machine: vmware
Memory: 256 mb
Root Device: 3 gb pseudo-ide

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [O]
Config network:         [O]
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [O] but...
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [O] but...
Create file systems:    [O] but...
Mount partitions:       [E]
Install base system:    [ ]
Install boot loader:    [ ]
Reboot:                 [ ]
base-config		[ ]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:
I've created personal build farm from CVS, and tried current installer
system (includes newest anna/tools/utils/retriever).

I checked these tests using Japanese.

1. anna shows menu "Load intsaller components". I think this menu
   should be translated.
2. After detecting hard drives, d-i runs partitioner.
   Some Japanese character symbol are missing.
   Because dynamic loading packages include additional Japanese
   characters, we must restart (or hack) bterm for reloading full unifont.
   (same as "bogl-bterm: font reloading" thread)
   I think this problem will be happen other languages, such as
   Chinese, Korean.
3. partitioner shows menu of disk device list and "Finish".
   I think "Finish" should be translated.
4. partconf shows filesystem menu, such as "Create ext3 file system".
   As debconf file, "Create %s file system" message has already been
   trasnlated. What's the problem?
5. Finally, I set partitions to / and swap, and chose next step.
   Screen redraw loops with message:
    Using /lib/modules/2.4.22-1-396/kernel/drivers/video/vesafb.o
    failed to load module vesafb
   All of I can do is to force reboot system.
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org