"Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For Intel x86" - Xwindows config?

Hey folks,

I'm looking around on the Debian website but I'm finding nothing about
configuring X during or post-installation. When I try to startx or do
anything to configure it, the system complains it can't find
/usr/X11R6/bin/X ... even after I reinstalled it, and selected
"desktop" in tasksel. Other X programs seem to be installed, but why
not this one? Starting gdm manually starts some sort of configure
script that (naturally) fails with similiar results. Maybe I'm just
really stupid, but what in the world am I missing here? I don't see it
in the docs.

---
Michael Hamblin              Electrical Engineering Technical Support
michaelh@utdallas.edu        Phone : 972-883-2997  Fax : 972-883-2813
http://www.michaelh.com/     2601 N. Floyd Road; Richardson, TX 75083
michaelh@ductape.net         Office: ECS North 4.302