2.6.0 kernel

Hi, has anyone considered making a version of the installer that uses the new 2.6.0 kernel? I have a laptop that refuses to do a net install of anything without that kernel version (at least without a lot of difficult patching of the 2.4 kernel before I can do anything), and because of that, I'm interested in having a quick reinstallation route of "testing" in the event of disaster recovery.... So if no one has worked on this yet, I'm interested in making a 2.6.0 installer (I also just made some patches to modconf so it can at least list and load modules on 2.5 and later kernels).

I thought this would be trivial and I could just change the KERNELVERSION variable, but then I realized the packages from debian-installer's sources.list weren't from the normal debian sources, and I wasn't quite sure where they came from or how they got generated.

(Sorry if this has already been discussed, but the mailing list archive search function doesn't like to search for numbers or periods [so "2.6.0" won't work].)