Re: [ppc] unable to install on new powerbook14"

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:10:41AM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First  I've  burn the  image  from yesterday  and  it's  still the  same
> problem.  I   think  it's  because  the  automatic   build  scripts  are
> broken. But (idiot), I do download it and burn it.
>
> But, I have a more precise error (I did write it on a paper):
>
> modprobe failed to load module usbkbd, keybdev, usb-ohci and usbserial
>
> But I WANT DEBIAN ON MY LAPTOP! So I did download the woody image...
>
> I've been unable to boot with kernel 2.2:
> ... ok
> opening display /pci@f0000000/ATY, JasperParent@10/ATY,Jasper_B@1_
>
> And when  booting with install-safe or  install24*, he does  not find my
> hard drive! :(
>
> Do I  have to pass special argument  to the kernel during  the boot (and
> how)?

For newer Apple hardware, you need to use the newest yaboot version.
You can manually boot the installer from the newer version of yaboot
placed on your hard disk, along with a modified yaboot.conf, and
linux.bin and root.bin. Details of this method of booting are in the
installation manual, and the newer version of yaboot is available at
penguinppc.org.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People