IBM 43P-150 installation

> > Ok. So you only need the vmlinuz-2.4.22-powerpc. I will unpack it for
> > you.
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> Thanks. I booted the kernel you made available on an IBM 43P-150 via
BOOTP.
> It got all the way up to looking for the initrd image.
>
> Do you want me to test the vmlinuz-2.4.22-power3 32-bit image as well,
> hint-hint. ;-)
>
> Anybody know where I should obtain the debian-installer initrd image for
> PowerPC systems? I plan to access the install image through NFS, and
> install via FTP/HTTP. I assume that this installation method is
supported.

> Rolf
>
> --
> Rolf Brudeseth
> pSeries Global Server Integration, IBM Enterprise Systems Group
> Austin, TX

Sven,

I found this initrd image (9/20/2003) that I am using for now:
http://www.soziologie.ch/users/steinlin/d-i/netboot-initrd.gz

However, I am having problems NFS mounting the image, something that I have
done successfully with my own kernels.

Did you enable root NFS? If not, could you please recompile the kernel with
this enabled? This is what I added to my kernel to get it to work:
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y

Rolf