discover2 packages for debian-installer

Since I didn't hear anything from progeny I have made discover2 packages
for testing. You can download them at
http://www.soziologie.ch/~steinlin/d-i/discover2/

As we don't get any responses from progeny I ask myself if it's really a
good thing to base our hw-detection on discover or if we should look for
another hw-detection tool. I'm not sure if discover is basically dead
upstream or if progeny is still using and developing it. I did not find
any sources where one can download current hardware lists on the progeny
website. I think updated hw-lists are very important and this was one
reason why I thought switching to discover2 is a good idea. What do
others of the d-i team think about discover and hw-detection in general?

The discover2 udebs are now in a much better shape. The only remaining
issue is discover-data which is still too big. The xml-hw-lists have to
be compressed. Then they will shrink to ~40-50k.
We could try to reduce libexpat (149k now) which is needed by discover.
That could save some space, too.

gaudenz