Re: Templates and all user intraction strings consistency

Quoting kraai@lafn.org (kraai@lafn.org):

> > I'm with you. I've started to review and fix up the english text of
> > templates of packages I touch.
>
> Would you please document what they should be first?

I think the main ideas were in my first post.

THis was really (c)debconf-centric, so maybe not completely
exhaustive, but this gives starting points for discussion.

-menu entries use the infinitive form : "Exécuter un shell" instead of
"Exécution d'un shell"...thus "(To) execute to shell"....Thanks to
Denis, these are now easy to find in the *.po files

-Boolean templates
  -the short form is a question which should be kept short. This
   sometimes needs to make telegraphic-style phrases as french
   usually uses more room than english

  -the long form should NOT include a question

-String templates (as well as Select/Multi-Select templates)
  -the short form is a prompt and NOT a title. I follow Joey's wishes
   about this and the planned/suggested modifications to cdebconf for
   having it behave like debconf.
   I prohibit question style prompts ("IP Address?") in favour of
   "opened" prompts ("Adresse IP").
   I do NOT use colons at the end (but maybe should I ?)

  -the long form is a description of what is expected. No question
   here and always phrases. Telegraphic style prohibited

-Notes
  -the short form should be considered as a *title*. Here also I
   follow Joey's suggestions...hoping I understood him well

  -the long form is what will be displayed as a more detailed
   explanation of the note. Phrases, no telegraphic style.