Re: USB support

Op vr 17-10-2003, om 05:00 schreef dann frazier:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 03:24:05AM +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
> > I bought mine at a trade show in belgium. So I can't really give you a
> > good shop to buy it from. It's marked 'tiny disk'. usbview tells me
> > Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc. It came with a 12cm CD containing
> > manuals in English and Chinese and some software for windows.
> > I also tried a 64MB keychain from a friend which works as well on both
> > machines. So I think it's more a question of proper USB support in the
> > BIOS.
>
> note that a usb floppy is not usb mass storage - your bios must have
> support for usb mass storage to boot from the key chain, and this
> is more rare than supporting usb floppy boot.

Most usb floppy disks have support for a legacy mode, in which the USB
and the floppy disk together emulate a 'normal' floppy disk. That
doesn't mean a usb floppy disk isn't a USB mass storage device; at the
very least, it's supported by the usb-storage module under Linux.

--
Wouter Verhelst
If you're running Microsoft Windows, either scan your computer on