Re: Sarge netinst on Pismo

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 11:05:47AM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> Uwe Steinmann schrieb:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I just got the latest (14 Oct) sarge installer for powerpc and booted a
> >Apple PowerBook Pismo. It doesn't get far and starts flashing
> >the lcd when it trieds to load some kernel modules.
> So it booted and you got to the language question first. That's at least
> something. :-)
No, there was no question at all. It failed earlier.

> >All I can see is an error message about a missing usb-ohci
> >kernel module. There are other modules (mostly usb related) missing
> >as well but usb-ohci is the first one.
> Strange. These modules should not be loaded because usb is compiled into
> the kernel.
> >The seems to repeat for ever.
> So you are never thrown back to the main-menu? When some step is failing
> it should thorw you back to the main-menu where you can select to try it
> again or to do another step first.
As I said. I didn't get as far as a main-menu.

> What do the logs on tty3 and tty4 say? You can also use a shell on tty2
> to debug what's going on.
I could switch to tty2 and saw the message about presssing a key to
get a shell, but I couldn't see what happened afterwards because of
the flashing lcd. I guess the key press had no effect.

  Uwe
--
  MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de