install report

I am using locally built hd-media and bootfloppy images, with a hacked
hw-detect (to support my laptop), busybox (to turn on a few more
things), and the latest uploaded udebs of iso-scan and main-menu.

Booted my lifebook from the bootfloppy, inserted my usb keychain, booted
up into the installer. Instead of language selection I got the main menu
(yes, it displayed). I selected a language, main-menu still had the
first item as default. No matter what I did, it remained the defailt.

I ran iso-scan and it found my iso in my home directory on disk (the
netinst isos are a little bit too big for my 120 mb keychain). This is
the netinst iso from the weekly build, the last working one. Loading
installer modules died half way through, and then everything was dying
with relocation errors linking to glibc, so I suppose a libc-udeb was
loaded from the iso and it was not very compatable with the one some
things on my image (seemed to be mostly busybox) were linked against.

The version skew may be my problem (though symptomatic of a larger
problem, perhaps), the main-menu default item thing is probably a
general problem.

--
see shy jo