Re: anna's hard-coded priority list of retreivers

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> The retrievers should depend on the hardware thats found yet. Until
> the floppy module is loaded and a floppy drive is found (is anyone
> working on detecting this?) floppy-retriever should be disabled. As
> long as no network module is loaded net-retriever should be
> disabled. As long as no cdrom drive is available cdrom-retriver should
> be disabled.
>
> Actually the net configuration should depend on a net module being
> loaded and cd-detect on a cdrom driver. That should prevent network
> configuration or cd searching before its available.

These dependencies already exist for the cdrom and network retreivers.
Floppy retreiver needs more work; some floppies are scsi devices.

But that does not help with the problem I stated. Main-menu just
configures the network before using the retreiver.

> Secondly it would be better to order them "cdrom, net, floppy" and try
> each one in turn till one works.

I am sure that no hardcoded order will work for all possible install
scenarios. We need something more flexible.

--
see shy jo