Re: 10/12 Netinst image more or less unusable : should I report the bug?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:05:15AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Retrieving the module modutils-basic failed for unknown reasons.
> Aborting.
>
> Then, I'm bringed back to main-menu, but no other option works
> anymore....
>
> This is probably a known bug, but who knows ? If this isn't, against
> which package shold this be reported ?

I suppose you ran into #215444, you can find out by checking syslog on
tty4. I do not have a clue what is happening there...

> BTW, is this the Good Way to test the installer ?

A dir below the daily build, you can find the most recent image that
is known to work. If you want to test if the installer works with your
hardware t is the way to go. If you want to test the latest features,
you have to use the daily build.

> From which packages if the netinst daily image generated ? From a
> CVS snapshot or from uploaded packages ?

The daily build is generated with the cvs Makefile and from the udebs
in the unstable archive.

Regards,
Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6