installation report - major breakage

Hi,

I get past loading all installer modules from cdrom and then main menu
comes up with "Start pcmcia services"(?) as default option.

Selecting that sends /sbin/debian-installer into respawning, frontend
seems to scan its menu fine but then fails to display or something.

I noticed that /sbin/debian-installer will be respawned on the active
console, so when it dies while you watch alt-f4 it respawns on top of
the debug messages.

We had a pretty well working set of udebs and images before. Why
weren't they pushed into sarge as planed? Could one DD please get the
last working image, extract the versions of udebs and upload those to
sarge please.

[
 The images where build with "make cdrom-image" for "BOOT=cdrom
 UDEBS=cdrom DEBS=none" (implementation of my proposal) and tested in
 bochs.

 Image size is 18Mb:
 -rw-r--r--    1 mrvn     mrvn     18137088 Oct 13 04:24 cdrom-cdrom-none.iso

 ftp://mrvn.homeip.net/cdrom-cdrom-none.iso

 With base debs that should be 50-60MB. Add some boot-floppies and
 netboot images, some docs and you might end up with ~64MB.
]

MfG
        Goswin