Re: linux-kernel-di_0.1_i386.changes is NEW

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 03:45:51PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 01:47:55PM -0400, Debian Installer wrote:
> > > Changes: linux-kernel-di (0.1) unstable; urgency=low
> >
> > please explain, how do you want to build this package for each arch with
> > linux kernel.
>
> I don't. I want to build it for the two or three arches for which
> packages of this sort already exist. Specifically Herbert Xu asked that
> the alpha version also be taken.

As the powerpc kernel maintainer, and trying to build my own
kernel-image udebs, i would like to have a bit more precision about
this. Will you use the official kernel sources to build this, and if so,
how do you handle arch specific patches.

Also, how do you plan to support multiple subarches, using the same
kernel build, but different image format, as is the case for powerpc.

Friendly,

Sven Luther