Re: build-from-scratch Makefile

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Geert Stappers wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 01:21:17AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made myself a Makefile in the debian-installer topdir to rebuild all
> > debs and udebs. [big snip]
>
> What does it add?
> Why a new makefile?
> Why locally rebuild debs and udebs that belong in a archive?
> A new Gentoo?

Well, I found it useful. I'm a sysadmin with lots of machines that have
NICs that are not supported by the woody install disks. I have an interest
in getting a 2.4-based debian install CD working as soon as possible. The
whole "you should have a local debian archive and update that" idea
requires that anyone who wants to contribute knows the whole debian
toolchain, or at least how to produce a Packages.gz file automatically
that works.

Now I can try fixing bugs or weirdnesses that affect me, and post patches
with bug reports.

It also pointed out that cdebconf should build-depend: on libgtk2.0-dev
and intltool-debian.

Pete
--
Peter Clay                                         | Campaign for   _  _| .__
                                                   | Digital       /  / | |