Re: ia64 testers wanted for sarge cds

I tried the netinstall CD image on an HP zx2000 and didn't get very far.
Here are the two problems I saw that prevented me from going any
further:

1. Selecting "Detect a keyboard and select layout" causes:

        An error or warning message was logged while running kbd-chooser
        SIGSEGV

2. "Detect CDROM" results in

        Unable to load module 'ide-probe-mod' for 'Linux IDE probe
Driver'.

   On continue:

        Unable to load module 'ide-detect' for 'Linux IDE detection
Driver'

   On continue:

        Unable to load module 'ide-disk' for 'Linux ATA DISK Driver

   On continue:

        Perform manual CD configuration?

     Your installation CD couldn't be mounted. That probably means that
     the CD is not yet inserted. If that's the case, just insert it and
     don't perform the manual configuration; the CD mount will be
     re-tried. If your CD was already in the drive, there was another
     problem; try the manual CD configuration.

At this point I was stuck in a loop trying to mount cdrom.

--
Khalid