Re: d-i, pulling in fdisk-udeb

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:41:49AM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > > No, it won't.  anna could still install just parted-udeb since
> > > that would satisfy the dependency.  If partitioner depends on a
> > > particular udeb, it needs to Depend on the particular udeb.
> >
> > If parted-udeb is unusable on a particular platform, I'd take it it was never
> > built/uploaded for that platform at all...?
>
> I didn't mean to say that parted was unusable on hppa.  It exists
> and probably works ok.  But parted cannot be used for creating the
> 'f0' partition that palo needs.

Have you ever considered asking the parted upstream author or filling a
bug report against the parted debian package, for this particular
feature request.

I have been doing some parted work, but know nothing about the hppa
specific needs, but if you explain it to me, i may be willing to add the
needed support to libparted or something.

> Anyway, for any arch where you are going to partition manually, you'll
> surely want to use cfdisk rather than cmdline parted, if possible.
>
> (ia64 is an exception, as parted is the only thing that can create GPT
> partition tables).

Mmm, so now i know what the GPT partition tables are :))

Friendly,

Sven Luther