Re: updated powerpc debian-installer builds
- To: Debian Installer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: updated powerpc debian-installer builds
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:02:17 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20031002070217.GA32654@iliana>
- In-reply-to: <20030929181051.GA2249@gmx.net>
- References: <1064061524.1067.5.camel@tigerente> <20030923043329.GA318@ip68-107-137-100.tc.ph.cox.net> <3F7038AA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030923125624.GA318@ip68-107-137-100.tc.ph.cox.net> <3F7047E4.email@example.com> <20030928214825.GA317@ip68-107-137-100.tc.ph.cox.net> <20030929092255.GD270@ftbfs.org> <20030929181051.GA2249@gmx.net>
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:10:51PM +0200, Thorsten Sauter wrote:
> * Matt Kraai <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2003-09-29 11:22]:
> | On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:48:25PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> | > I tried mounting my partition at /cdrom, but the kernel doesn't
> | > have hfs compiled in. I think we need to correct this, powerpc
> | > users will always want to be able to access hfs partitions on
> | > their drive.
> | Please file a bug report against the kernel requesting an
> | hfs-module udeb.
> I think we should create $filesystem-module-udebs for most of the
> architectures. This includes hfs for powerpc, *fat/ntfs for intel based
> machines, ffs for some *bsd based archs and so on. With those modules,
> we can extend the fstab generation process to include such foreign
> partitions into the newly installed system.
> | > If I get a chance to burn a CD at work, I'll try it with a real CD.
> | >
> | > I tried the netinst iso next, but got about the same results.
> | > When I switched to console 2, there was a repeating message:
> | >
> | > modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-1
> | It's missing the unix socket module, which is supposed to be
> | compiled in to the kernel in an upcoming kernel package. In the
> | meantime, I've included the socket-modules udeb.
> Sven and I have fixed this in Oldenburg. This means the new uploaded
> kernel 2.4.22 included unix sockets compiled in. (Sven when we can
> expect th upload? :-))
As said, i uploaded on sunday morning, it is now only a matter of the
ftp-master aproving it.