Re: Start using new SETTITLE cdebconf command

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 12:22:54PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I just implemented and commited a new cdebconf command, SETTITLE.
> This will set the debconf title from a template description, making it
> possible to translate titles.
[...]

Back to this issue,

translators have begun to work on these new strings, and it appears that
they are confused and do not always understand that it is a menu item,
thus I changed my mind and would like to put comments in PO files.

It looks like you are using an older po-debconf; could you please
tell me if po2debconf and debconf-updatepo still works when you
add comments in the templates file, like
  Template: anna/progress_title
  Type: text
  #  Title displayed with progress bars

  Type: main-menu/anna
  Type: text
  #  Item inserted in the main menu

My tests tend to show that templates.pot and PO files are unchanged.
If your conclusion is similar, we could add such comments now,
they will break nothing and will be automatically inserted in PO
files when po-debconf 0.8.0 is out.

Denis