Re: d-i and the archive

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:41:30AM +0200, Sebastian Ley wrote:
> Am Di, den 30.09.2003 schrieb Geert Stappers um 23:26:
>
> > > - Anna should be able to fetch from stable/testing/sid. That should be
> > >   a question with priority low, with defaulting to the suite the image
> > >   was build with.
> >
> > Should I read stable/testing/sid
> > as
> >    stable or testing or sid
> > or as
> >    stable and testing and sid
>
> It should be able from all the three, but fetch from one at a time of
> course ;-)
>
> > What do you mean, for "outsiders like me", with stable/testing/sid ?
>
> I talk about the testing and release mechanism that debian uses for
> normal debs. I want it to be applied to udebs as well. Further
> information can be gathered here:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-resources.en.html#s-archive
>
> Especially section 4.6.4.1.

Thanks for the URL and sorry for being unclear.
Here a reposting of my question with additional information.

| > - Anna should be able to fetch from stable/testing/sid. That should be
| >   a question with priority low, with defaulting to the suite the image
| >   was build with.
|
| Should I read stable/testing/sid
| as
|    stable or testing or sid
| or as
|    stable and testing and sid
|
| Mmm, that doesn't neither make sense.
|
| What do you mean, for "outsiders like me", with stable/testing/sid ?

It are the slashes that bother me.

Are you simply saying that anna is hardcoded to a suite
and that stable, slash testing, slash sid should be supported?

Probably we just not care about the slashes. Just tell us what should be done.
I did take a look at anna, but could not translate your request into action.
So I go to an other place where I can help.

Geert Stappers