Re: d-i and the archive

I think a source package has this in favor of it: We need the built
images to be uploaded somewhere, and there's already the whole mechanism
for autobuilders to upload what their source packages build. Plus all
the tracking of failed builds and so on. All we need is a hack on the
autobuilders to rebuild the d-i source every day.

What would be uploaded is another question. I have doubts that the
ftpmasters would appreciate getting a dozen "byhand" files dropped into
Incoming every day. Maybe some special section could be set up so the
images get automatically installed into it. Maybe Alastair's old deb of
images idea is even reasonable. But we probably need to get ftpmaster
involved in designing this to make sure we end up with something they
can deal with.

--
see shy jo