Re: di ./. FAI

> Hi di- and FAI- developers,
>
> I have a general question: How do di and FAI relate, when di is ready?
> Will di replace FAI?  Will FAI use di?  Is di only for interactive
> installation?  Thanks for comments and explanation.

Yes, di can replace FAI.

Every question asked is stored in a database, so its possible to store the
configuration after installation and with a non-interactive frontend do an
automatic install.

However there are still packages that don't use debconf for their
configuration. (Search for pere@hungry.org and debconf on BTS)

And there is afaik also the problem of storing partition settings if you
don't use "automatic partitioner".

I propose to use sfdisk at end of partition step to store
partition-settings in debconf.

Then sfdisk can be used to "restore" this settings again.

Steinar also managed an almost autoconfiguration by setting priority to
high.

But that still needs work. :)

cu

Fabian