Debian Installer, ia64 status update

Installing from cdrom works, although my build system has local fixes
for a few bugs where I'm waiting for new versions of packages:

210570 - discover-data, fix module used for various QLogic cards
210359 - kernel-patch-2.4.20-ia64, CONFIG_TR kernel headers problem,
         breaks busybox-cvs
212328 - kernel-patch-2.4.20-ia64, include ide-probe-mod.o
211088 - module-init-tools, fails to install because arch/generic missing

I know Bdale is travelling, and will get to the kernel-patch bugs soon.

There may be changes in d-i cvs that havn't uploaded yet, as well.

There is an issue with a recent debootstrap change which removed
libperl5.8 from the required list.  That breaks things for sarge
installs because the corresponding change to perl packaging isn't in
sarge yet.  I assume that'll sort itself out in time.  I've reverted
that change in my local debootstrap for now.

Outstanding issues:

A couple of menu items (cdrom detect, and h/w detect full version, iirc)
give me dialogs complaining that something went wrong with "modprobe
floppy".  ia64 needs to modprobe ide-floppy instead, and hppa has no
floppy support atm.  Not sure of the best way to make this arch
specific.

Configure partitions option throws up a dialog about failing to load the
xfs module - I don't have one, so it should not try to load it, or
should fail silently.  I have priority=medium atm.

I've also tested installing from the net successfully (actually loading
the kernel and initrd from a floppy, but using the TYPE=netboot image).

I'm using the newt frontend, which looks pretty good, except for some
package names running off the edge of the screen during base install.
Maybe the frontend code could cut down the start of the filepath,
keeping the first word of the line intact, so it looks like:

           Retrieving: ...ebian/pool/main/f/foobar_1.2_ia64.deb

Frotend-specific, of course, because the frontend is the bit that knows
how wide the window is.

I'm not a d-d, so I assume I can't update the d-i status page.. if
someone could do that I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
  Richard