Re: Combining all bootdisks on to one single disk (booting via usb-stick, installing from network)

Am 2003-09-11 19:16:43, schrieb Gunther Stammwitz:
>Hello Debian-BOOT-gurus,
>
>I'd like to boot from an usb-stick and start the debian-installer in
>order to install from network (ftp).
>
>So far I've been able to extract the rescue.bin from the 1.44M disks to
>the usb-stick and run syslinux to make it bootable.
>Everything is fine until the installer asks me to insert the root-disk.
>The stick works like a floppy disk when choosing BOOT-FROM-ZIP.
>How can I add the root.bin and maybe the 5 driver-disks to my usb-stick?

Where is the problem ???

1)  put the root.bin into the root of your USB-Stick
2)  put the drivers.tgz in the root of your USB-Stick
3)  change your syslinux.cfg to point to your Floppy-root

and if you want,

4)  put the basedebs.tar in the same location

or as alternative,

5)  create a FSH (VFAT) on your USB-Stick and put the *.debs in it.

6)  additonal you can put other Packages on the USB-Stick too
    (dont forgrt to create a Packages.gz)

>Thanks for your help,
>Gunther

Greetings