Re: Debian Boot fails SCSI detect (AIC7902 Relion 240)

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 11:31:18AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Todd Weaver]
> > aic79xx: PCI4:2:1 MEM region 0x0 unavailable. Cannot memory map device.
>
> The aic79xx kernel module was first included in kernel 2.4.21.  You
> will probably need to use a newer kernel to get it to work.

Thanks Petter,

Just for mailing list completeness...

I compiled the latest kernel with aic79xx, e1000, e100, software RAID, and
all the appropriate rescue floppy stuff (linked below) compiled in.

Then I followed the instructions on how to replace the rescue floppy kernel:
http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/ch-boot-floppy-techinfo.en.html#s-rescue-replace-kernel

Booted that, and away I went.

I now have a Relion 240 with the AIC7902 running a slim version of debian.

(phew boy am I glad to have Debian instead of RedHat)

And to futher toot Debian's horn,
I had absolutely NO trouble installing the entire system after
my new rescue disk was made.

Todd.