Re: debian-installer test

>> Please try to partition the disk by hand on the second console (to
>> make sure fdisk can use the disk).
I'll try it asap.
But the partitioner complains about the lack of libslang.so.1; entering
in a console and just symlinking to libslang.so.1-UTF8 solves the
problem.

The error message is precisely:

	cfdisk: error while loading shared libraries: libslang.so.1:
	di-utils-partitioner's postinst exited with status 256

> When tring on intel machines, the disk were already partitioned, while
> when we had a try at vmware we got a crash at this very point. The
> vmware crashed and the host computer did the same -- even if the vwmare
> wasn't run by root :-(
Yes, trying the installer with vmware crashes not only the virtual
machine but also the whole system, but only using physically the cdrom.
(accessing directly to /dev/cdrom).

Using an iso image of the cd mounted as a cdrom in vmware makes possible
to go on with the installer without hanging the machine.

Bye,
--
Emanuele Rocca - 1024D/EAF19B60